Interested candidates for the 2020 program can contact Fiona Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org to register their interest. The 2020 program will commence in mid-January
Key Features of Redesigned Program
- Diverse and Flexible Content
- Long History of Experience
- Australian Designed Program
- Numerous Clinical Placements
- Award Winning Teaching Team
- Affordable, Commonwealth Supported Fees
Completing the Graduate Certificate in Ocular Therapeutics counts for 80CPD points
The Graduate Certificate in Ocular Therapeutics is designed to provide the knowledge and experience necessary for registered optometrists to prescribe therapeutic agents for the management of ocular disease in Australia and New Zealand.
This redesigned UNSW program consists of the following key features:
- Diverse and flexible content delivery – The course comprises of self-paced online distance education modules (interactive online webinars, discussion groups, lecture recordings and exercises), supported by a single (2 day) targeted face to face session at UNSW for hands on clinical skill development and evaluation
- A long history of experience – The program at UNSW is the longest active Graduate Certificate in Ocular Therapeutics Program in Australia and New Zealand and has enrolled more than 525 optometrists since the program began in 2006.
- An Australian designed program - This course is based on current and future standards of treatment and management of ocular disease applied to our Australian context
- Numerous clinical placements – A large network of clinical placement sites are available in New South Wales and Australia wide
- An award-winning teaching team - Experienced clinical and didactic instructors, drawn from Australia and internationally
- Cost effective – Affordable, Commonwealth supported fees set out by UNSW.
The combination of flexible, self-directed learning packages, targeted skill development session and diverse clinical placements is designed to maximize the educational impact for busy practicing optometrists.
“Completing the theory component of the course has definitely brought a new edge to my day to day practice. I'm a perfectionist by nature and the course has really set concrete approach to management and diagnosis of conditions like glaucoma, uveitis and the red eye to name just a few.” (Olga Bryskine, Summer Hill, NSW, Class of 2017)”
“The online format was very convenient. All readings were provided and accessed online through the UNSW library. You really didn’t need to leave your seat! (Kay Kariatlis, Cronulla, NSW, Class of 2017)”
Applicants for admission to any of the postgraduate coursework programs should visit the Future Students website where an application may be completed on-line.
To express your interest, or if you have further enquiries, please contact the postgraduate administrator Fiona Anderson at: email@example.com
For more information about the Graduate Certificate in Ocular Therapeutics, view the handbook.