Dr Vinod Maseedupally received his PhD in Optometry and Vision Science from the University of New South Wales in 2013.
Vinod is an overseas qualified optometrist. He completed his undergraduate degree in India. He previously worked in India at a premier eye institute as an optometrist, researcher and teacher.
2013 - PhD, University of New South Wales (UNSW)
2005 - BS (Optometry), Bausch & Lomb School of Optometry, (Birla Institute of Technology & Science – Pilani), India
1999 - DipOT, LV Prasad Eye Institute (LVPEI), Federation of Ophthalmic and Eye Research Centre, India
Vinod's research interests include assessment of corneal shape, contact lenses, orthokeratology and visual optics. In particular, his research focusses on understanding corneal shape in centre and towards periphery. Other interests include understanding induced corneal shape changes (like in orthokeratology) and its effects on myopia control and astigmatism.
- OPTM3111 - Optometry 3A
- OPTM3211 - Optometry 3B
Professional affiliations and service positions
- Vice President - Alumni of LVPEI Optometrists (ALO) 2014 to present
- Fellow of American Academy of Optometry (FAAO) - 2015 to present
- Fellow of International Association for Contact Lens Educators (IACLE) – 2000 to 2010
- Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO) – 2009 to present
- Member of American Academy of Optometry (AAO) – 2010 to present
- Member of Cornea and Contact Lens Society of Australia (CCLSA) – 2010 to present
- Orthokeratology Society of Oceania (OSO) – 2009 to present
AWARDS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- 2014 Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO) travel grant
- 2013 American Academy of Optometry (AAO) student travel grant
- 2012 AAO travel grant
- 2012 and 2013 Research award from Cornea and Contact Lens Society of Australia
- 2005 ‘Best Outgoing Student Award’ upon completion of BS Optometry, from Bausch & Lomb School of Optometry, LVPEI
- ‘Award for Excellence’ for the years studied, employed and for the academic achievements between 1996 & 2005 at LVPEI
- Myopia control incl. orthokeratology